R&D PROGRAM DIRECTOR
SuperGrid Institute | Based in Lyon, France (permanent position)
Our client is a 200 employees’ dynamic organisation at the cutting edge of innovation. With an annual budget of € 20 million, its objective is to unlock technological locks of the future electrical grid to meet the challenge of the massive integration of renewable energy.
To support its activities, we are looking for their future:
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the company management committee, you are responsible for the definition and management of the R&D Program » Power Electronics and Converters « , with an annual budget of € 4,5 million. Your mission objectives are the following:
- To establish a roadmap for this R&D Program, validate the technological choices and ensure the follow-up of the research projects, in collaboration with the company management committee and the shareholders,
- To structure the Program: organizing the work and managing its human and scientific resources (40 FTE). In accordance with the norms (environmental and safety), planning and budget:
- Train and manage the dedicated team (approximately 25 FTE)
- Define objectives and monitor progress towards the plan (budget, resources and planning)
- Ensure a proper reporting to the board and the shareholders
- In coordination with the director of the Valuation and Intellectual Property department and the director of the Marketing and Business Development department, promote the intellectual properties of the R&D Program (patents production/application, business promotion),
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development director, build the service, test and consulting offers by promoting the skills and resources of the Program that have been fostered by the R&D department,
- To gather business and technology intelligence in DC grid in order to identify the opportunities to commercialize the research’s outcome and to adjust the Program strategy,
- Liaising with the Communication and Training departments, manage the knowledge sharing of the Program (scientific symposiums, external communication, transfer of knowledge, training engineering, etc…).
You have a successful experience of over 15 years in the field of power electronics, with a strong skill set of managing research project. You therefore developed a wide scientific background regarding converters and components, mainly on medium and high voltage.
You are recognized for your leadership skills and uncompromising standards. Your analysis and summarizing skills allow you to structure and manage complex processes easily.
You have a good understanding of the market trends and aspire to play a role in the energetic transition field, within a growing company tackling an international market.
Proficiency in both English and French is required.
Postuler par e-mail
Please send us your CV, cover letter and salary expectations, using the reference 18083PROG by email : email@example.com